Our approach to personalised learning includes not only a dynamic curriculum but a broad sports offer. With at least two PE lessons a week, team practices and sports sessions during lunchtime and after-school, there are many opportunities to be involved in sport on a regular basis. We encourage our students to take advantage of these opportunities to broaden their horizons and inspire them to achieve their goals and reach their full potential.
Last week we celebrated the achievements of our elite young athletes in an assembly dedicated to sporting heroes.
Our sporting stars highlighted included:
- Ella has a red/black belt in Taekwondo and is dedicated to her sport, training three times a week and coaching younger children;
- Matty also does Taekwondo and came runner up in the English Championships and 3rd in the British Championships;
- Luca has a blue belt in Taekwondo and came 5th in the English Championships;
- Reme and Laurie both take up Judo. Reme was runner up in the Great British Championships and Laurie was British Champion two years ago;
- Callum, who has a love for BMX racing, trains 8 hours a week and is British number one on cruiser wheels;
- Nicole and Freddie both have a talent in Irish Dancing, winning over 300 medals and 90 trophies;
- Jack has represented England in the European Championships in Fencing and has recently won the British Schools Sabre Championships.
As a school, we are centred on inspiring achievement and personal fulfilment, building confidence and enabling all our students to thrive. In doing this, we take every opportunity to celebrate the many successes of our students, regularly praising them for doing well and showing commitment to their chosen activities both within and outside of school.
Headteacher Mr Ash commented: “It has been wonderful to celebrate the achievements and successes of many of our students here at St Mark’s. This is testament to students’ determination and talent and the school’s commitment to offering an inspiring, dynamic and enriching curriculum and enrichment programme.”