2018 GCSE and A Level Success
For Information about the School Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5 Results, see documents below:
For further information please visit the DfE website: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-education
2017 GCSE and A Level Success
This summer, students at St Mark’s celebrated their best-ever GCSE results.
Headline results show that:
- At GCSE, 72% gained a good pass grade in both maths and English, under the new, and much tougher, grading framework.
- 66% of students secured the traditional measure of 5 or more GCSEs at A*-C (or equivalent for maths and English), the best the school has seen.
- 38% of all students achieved at least one top grade of A*-A or 7-9, placing our students’ results amongst some of the best achieved locally.
- 10% of all students in the year gained the new top grade 9 in either English or maths – grades only awarded to the top 3% of students nationally.
- 100% of all language students secured A*-C grades with 55% at A*-A.
- 100% of all Triple Science students secured A*-C grades in at least one science subject