St Mark’s School 2022 GCSE Results
I am delighted to share with you our exam results at GCSE for 2022. Students at St Mark’s School marked the return of examinations with a very pleasing set of results. These were achieved as a result of the consistent hard work and determination by our students and were richly deserved.
Following on from much improved results in 2020 and 2021, the 2022 results demonstrate that our students enjoy coming to St Mark’s School and have acquired a genuine passion for education during their time with us.
Headline GCSE Figures 2018 to 2022
|Number on roll||32||44||41||32||45|
|Progress 8 Score||-0.69||-0.53||0.25||0.45||0.31|
|Attainment 8 Score||32.6||38.4||48.2||51.7||51.9|
|% Entering Ebacc||25||14||11.4||31.3||57.8|
|% achieving 9-4 in English & Mathematics||32||48||66||78.1||68.9|
|% achieving 9-5 in English & Mathematics||9||27.3||54||53.1||55.6|
|% staying in education or employment||89%||97%||N/A||N/A||N/A|
*2020 – results were obtained from Centre Assessed Grades (CAGS) which went through a thorough process of moderation to ensure they were evidence-based.
**2021 – results were obtained from teacher Assessed Grades (TAGS) which were based on assessments marked and graded by teachers. They then went through a thorough process of moderation, both internally and externally for several subjects to ensure they were justified.
***2022 – results for the cohort of students who completed KS4 at St Mark’s. This cohort does not include students in bespoke SEND/HERS provision or any who left the school’s roll after the October Census. In the total cohort of 50, 15 students did not have DFE KS2 levels and so these students cannot be included in the Progress 8 measure.
Top GCSE achievers
Whilst we are proud of all of our students’ achievements, the following students deserve recognition for their individual achievements :
- Jeff B who achieved the top grades of 8-9 across a range of subjects, including grade 9s in Mathematics and Science and English
- Harrison C who achieved top grades 7-9 across a range of subjects, including a grade 9 in Mathematics and grade 8s in Science
- Kun Jun P who achieved top grades 7-9 across a range of subjects
- Gabriella T-B who achieved top grades 7-9 across a range of subjects
- Viki A who achieved top grades 7-9 across a range of subjects, including a grade 8 in Mathematics and grades 9/8 in Science
- Bertie R who achieved top grades 7-9 across a range of subjects
In total, a quarter of all grades were grade 7 or above, across subjects.