St Mark’s School, Bath, seeks to provide excellence in education as a mixed comprehensive school.
Our vision is to inspire students for future success, by developing confidence, ambition and independence, whilst encouraging a strong sense of adventure.
We achieve this through our personalised, dynamic curriculum, our careers and aspirations programme and extensive enrichment opportunities, encouraging our young people to thrive as principled, well-rounded young men and women MORE
These are the weekly menus for the coming term.
Class of 2023 Celebrates Best Ever GCSE Grades at St Mark’s School
Judging by how hard they worked during their time at the school we had exceptionally high expectations of our Year 11 Class of 2023. Today they celebrated the grades they had worked so hard to achieve. We are proud of all of our students’ record breaking achievements, the following students deserve recognition for achieving top grades across a range of different subjects:
● Alyx L: 8 grade 9s and 3 grade 8s, including grade 9/9 in Science
● Stanley L: 7 grade 9s and 2 grade 8s, including grade 9/9 in Science
● Elma N : 6 grade 9s and 2 grade 8s, including grade 9/9 in Science
● Willem R : 4 grade 9s and 6 grade 8s, including grade 9/9 in Science
● Hannah A: 12 grade 7-9s, including grade 9s in Art, English Literature and Religious Studies
● Mariya M: 10 grade 7-9s including grade 9s in History, Religious Studies and Science
● Theodora R: 9 grade 7-9s including grade 9s in Spanish, Italian and Religious Studies
● Noah B-B: 9 grade 7-9s including a grade 9 in Mathematics
● Siani T: 8 grade 7-9s including a grade 9 in Religious Studies
An impressive 27% of all grades awarded were the top grades of 7-9, demonstrating impressive academic strength across subjects.
St Mark’s has been on an amazing journey of improvement since joining the Midsomer Norton Schools’ Partnership. The school is categorised as a ‘Good’ school by OFSTED and also by SIAMS; both inspections validated the wonderful work of the St Mark’s staff team. The school’s vision is geared around inspiring students to achieve their goals; our Year 11 Class of 2023 have proved, unequivocally, that St Mark’s supports students to achieve the very best exam results across all academic subjects.
The school’s Headteacher, Barnaby Ash, commented, “We are immensely proud of our Year 11 students’ record breaking achievements. I would like to thank all of our staff for their hard work with the students throughout their time at the school; they have been incredible in inspiring and supporting them to achieve the school’s best ever set of GCSE grades. Given the students’ mindsets, we know that they will go on and achieve great things in the future. Our Class of 2023 deserve great credit for their remarkable achievements.”
For further information regarding this press release, please contact Laura Derrick at email@example.com