Students at The New Sixth are celebrating after their success in the sixth form’s third set of A Level results and have already more than matched local and national figures. 91% of A Level entries achieved A*-E, 50% achieved A*-B and 28% achieved A*-A.
Among the students who were delighted with their results were:
- Aimee L who achieved three A* grades and is now going on to Cambridge University to read Veterinary Science
- Ope G who achieved three A* grades and is taking a gap-year before studying Medicine
- Joe O’D who achieved one A* and two A grades and is now going to Leeds University to study Philosophy, Politics and Economics
- Tom D who achieved one A* and two A grades and is now going to Bristol University to study Physics
- Marta C who achieved one A* and two A grades to secure a place at Bristol University to study Veterinary Science
- Marina G who achieved A*, A, and B grades and is now going on to East Anglia University to study Medicine
- Taibah O who was delighted to achieve A, B, B to secure her place to study Music at the University of Bristol
The New Sixth is an exciting collaboration between St Mark’s School, Bath and Saint Gregory’s Catholic College opened in September 2013, in collaboration with Clifton Diocese, Bath and Wells Diocese and B&NES Local Authority. Places are available in the sixth form to students from St Gregory’s and St Mark’s. There are also places available to students from other schools.
Barnaby Ash, Headteacher at St Mark’s School, Bath congratulated the students on their achievements adding, “We are delighted for our students and all that they have achieved in their sixth form studies at The New Sixth. They have all attained the results that they needed to secure their university or education setting of choice. The New Sixth provides a high quality sixth form education for all and we look forward to building on these successes to continue to raise the bar for sixth form students in the local area.”
Ann Cusack, Headmistress of Saint Gregory’s said, “It is wonderful to see our sixth form students do so well in their exams. The students have worked extremely hard and really deserve their excellent results. Our sixth form team have worked tirelessly with our students throughout their A Levels and helped them every step of the way to ensure they achieved success. The results are testimony to everyone’s efforts and firmly establishes our sixth form as an outstanding post-16 provider in Bath.”
“For many of our students it’s been a seven-year journey and, throughout their time at St Gregory’s and The New Sixth, we have watched them grow and develop into fantastic young adults who are now ready to take their place in the world and begin the next stage in their journey. Every student at The New Sixth is unique, with their own ambitions and aspirations, and our aim is to nurture this individuality and encourage our students to follow their own learning pathway with bespoke guidance and support from our dedicated sixth form team.”
“Our students have, once again, successfully secured places in top universities, including Oxbridge and the Russell Group, equipped with a portfolio of qualifications, skills and experiences that will enable them to embrace the challenges of undergraduate life with confidence and enthusiasm.”
Students wishing to discuss their future or who may be considering their options for this September are invited to contact The New Sixth on 01225 838232 to find out more.
The New Sixth Open Evening will be held on Thursday 19 October 6.00pm – 9.00pm for students considering their choices for September 2018. For further information about courses available at The New Sixth or details on our application process, visit www.newsixthbath.org.uk.