2017 GCSE and A Level Success
This summer, students at St Mark’s celebrated their best-ever GCSE results.
Headline results show that:
- At GCSE, 72% gained a good pass grade in both maths and English, under the new, and much tougher, grading framework.
- 66% of students secured the traditional measure of 5 or more GCSEs at A*-C (or equivalent for maths and English), the best the school has seen.
- 38% of all students achieved at least one top grade of A*-A or 7-9, placing our students’ results amongst some of the best achieved locally.
- 10% of all students in the year gained the new top grade 9 in either English or maths – grades only awarded to the top 3% of students nationally.
- 100% of all language students secured A*-C grades with 55% at A*-A.
- 100% of all Triple Science students secured A*-C grades in at least one science subject.
Among the many success stories, notable achievements included:
Dylan K who secured 13 GCSEs at the highest possible grades of A*-B or 7-9 with an exceptional performance across the curriculum, achieving 7 GCSEs at A*-A and 9s in both English Literature and Language
Freddie Eloise J who secured 13 GCSEs with 12 GCSEs at the highest possible grades of A*-A or 7-9 and 1 GCSE at grade B
Bryan C who gained 13 GCSEs with 12 GCSEs at the highest possible grades of A*-A or 7-9 and 1 GCSE at grade B
Zac W who secured 12 GCSEs, with 8 at the highest possible grades of A*-A or 7-9
Max W-G who gained 12 GCSEs with 8 at the highest possible grades of A*-A or 7-9
Esi E who secured 11 GCSEs, with 8 at the highest possible grades of A*-A or 7-9
Tia W who achieved 13 GCSEs with 7 at the highest possible grades of A*-A or 7-9
A Level Results
Students at The New Sixth, once again, celebrated success in our sixth form’s third set of A Level results. 91% of A Level entries achieved A*-E, 50% achieved A*-B and 28% achieved A*-A.
Taibah O, performed exceptionally well in her summer exams at The New Sixth, achieving one A and two B grades in Dance, Music and Performing Arts respectively.
Taibah’s outstanding results at A Level mean that she secured a place at the University of Bristol to study Music.
We were also delighted to learn that St Mark’s Alumni student and former Batheaston Primary pupil, Miguel R, achieved outstanding results at A Level, securing A* grades in English Literature and Geography and an A grade in History. Miguel has successfully secured his place at Peterhouse College, Cambridge to read History.
Information about the School Key Stage 4 Results can be found here
Information about the School Key Stage 5 Results can be found here
For further information please visit the DfE website: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-education